We are excited to have you join us for Coastal Cleanup Day. Please fill out the form and we will email you instructions along with your Site Captain's contact information. See you September 16.
Site Information: Established in 1990 by a coalition of government, community, business and environmental leaders, the Bolsa Chica Conservancy, a private, not-for-profit organization, provides services that inspire and connect all generations through community involvement and leadership in hands-on restoration and education in wetland science, watersheds, coastal ecology and environmental sustainability.
This service day is a great chance for the general public to get their hands dirty and help restore the wetlands. On these days we participate in a few different activities that benefit the health of the wetlands. Trash removal from the marsh and dune habitats, invasive plant removal and native plant planting and propagation all contribute to the health of these increasingly rare coastal habitats.
Make sure your group is prepared before coming to the wetlands! Please have them:
- Bring water for the visit.
- Wear closed-toed shoes, they are absolutely required to ensure safety.
- Wear layered clothing/jackets. Weather changes quickly at the wetlands and can go from cool and foggy to hot and sunny within an hour.
- Sunscreen/Hats/Sunglasses - protection from the sun and harmful UV rays is important.
- Bug Repellent - mosquitoes can be found here at the wetlands, so bringing insect repellent is advised.
Requirements: Minimum age 6+
(with Adult) 15+ (without Adult)
Parent/Guardian must Sign Volunteer Wavier if under 18.
Parking: Bolsa Chica Conservancy Interpretive Center
3842 Warner Ave
Bolsa Chica Conservancy Interpretive Center
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
Google map and directions