The Cleanup OC program is looking for a well organized, and creative intern that is interested in community outreach and event programming. Cleanup OC is Orange County Coastkeeper's community cleanup program that strives to improve the quality of life and the environment throughout the Orange. Cleanup OC provides an opportunity for the community to give back and protect their home. Coastkeeper holds monthly beach cleanups, and co-coordinates the annual OC Coastal Cleanup Day. At these public events, community members take initiative and spend time outdoors with friends, family, and neighbors to make their home a better place.
- Help coordinate all aspects of the expansion of the Cleanup OC programs. This includes event planning, community outreach, coordinating volunteers.
- Attend and help facilitate beach cleanups.
- Design online content to promote events.
- Work with public relations team to schedule and post social media content.
- Aid in recruitment of volunteers for events
Applicants should have experience with event planning, community outreach, communications and an interest in environmental stewardship. Candidates must have excellent oral and written communication skills, highly developed organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage projects. He or she must be hard working, self-motivated and must demonstrate a commitment and passion for environmental protection.
- Experience in event planning and coordinating volunteers
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Confidence in public speaking
- Creative mindset
- Ability to work independently
Orange County Coastkeeper accepts applications year round. To be considered for a 100-hour, unpaid intern position, please fill out this application and send it along with your resume to Lauren Smith at email@example.com.